Artificial turf is a great alternative to grass and is pet friendly. Artificial turf can be a lifesaver for those wanting a beautiful lawn with minimum maintenance.
The Look of Artificial Turf
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE ARTIFICIAL TURF?
Things to Consider When Selecting Artificial Turf
There are seven main considerations when looking at artificial turf:
1. Traffic – The first thing to consider before making a purchase is the amount of traffic in the area you wish to install.
2. Quality – Quality artificial turf will feel soft to the touch.
3. Pile Height – Refers to the length of the grass blades from above the backing to the tip.
4. Density and Weight – Is the measurement of the amount of fiber or yarn per square unit of the turf.
5. Infill and Backing – Artificial turf is designed to be infilled to keep it looking lush. Infill also helps keep the turf springy. Sand is a popular infill material.
6. Color – The turf comes in various shades of green – olive green, light green, darker green, and more.
7. Maintenance – Turf requires less maintenance than natural grass. However, properly maintaining artificial turf will increase its longevity and keep it looking great for years to come.
Artificial Turf FAQs
For best results, you should lay your turf on a 35 mm layer of compacted sharp sand. To maintain levels, it may be necessary to remove an equivalent amount of the topsoil. The ground or sand should be compacted.
With artificial turf there is no need to worry about water drainage, artificial turf drains water as if it is regular grass and even better in some cases. Water simply drains straight through the holes and into the aggregate base below. Due to this, artificial turf dries relatively quickly compared to regular lawns.
Yes, absolutely! Putting furniture on artificial turf is basically the same as putting it on carpet. Be careful not to drag sharp edges along while placing it but in general, you shouldn’t worry about tearing or breaking the turf.
Artificial turf will give you an estimated 20 years of maintenance-free life depending on the volume of traffic in the area. Artificial turf won’t fade or flatten. It is UV stabilized and will retain its color and integrity season after season.
READY FOR A BACKYARD THAT’S THE ENVY OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD?
Let Platinum Outdoor Living turn your backyard dreams into reality.